--- Once Again I say to you - My Beloved Family and Friends ---
This passage below sums up my reason for travelling to Cambodia
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a]31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.” - Mark 12: 30-31
![]() |
| STEEP bought backpacks and filled them with school supplies to give to low income students |
Seems like I have a heart for the impoverished, neglected, marginalized, widows, orphans, oppressed, vulnerable, dis-empowered, and so on. I suppose this was a gift from God? :)
For me, I live in conflict knowing that there are so many people out there that for systemic and or individual reasons, lack the basic amenities that most of us middle class folk enjoy daily - food, shelter, nice clothes, safety, freedom, peace, health, smartphones, and so on.
![]() |
| Children might be the best at praying! |
Don't you wonder what life for everyone would be like if we all followed God's two greatest commandments above? I think we'd ALL be better off so likewise, I'll go live out my faith, this time, by travelling to Cambodia.
| Teaching ESL to adults in Cambodia |
If you haven't read my support letter, here's your 2nd chance to support us! Though I am being laid off (surprise!) as of June 14th, I don't actually need financial support from anyone. Actually, I can spend a good part of my savings to buy enough cameras/PC's for World Relief on my own. Supposedly it shouldn't be hard for me to find a new job, but I may be humbled real soon!
Despite my somewhat cavalier outlook towards my financial stability, I do want to encourage you to participate in God's work - would it not be beautiful to help uplift a country that has struggled through years of civil wars, a recent massacre, human trafficking, and the highest HIV rate in all of Asia? We seek to empower the World Relief staff by teaching them ESL, photography, and IT/network maintenance
32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.- Luke 12: 32-34
Even though I speak of supporting a struggling country like you might expect from faithful Christian, I also pray that I am humbled by God's work in Cambodia while I learn a little more about them. I also pray that my heart is filled with the loving heart of Jesus Christ so that among many other things, I can return home and share with you all of my experiences - maybe you'll feel a twinkle in your heart telling you to reach out in your own way :)
Please pray for my team and me - we're leaving in 10 days!!!
Yen


No comments:
Post a Comment